Douglas County PUD
EAST WENATCHEE - Douglas County PUD Commissioners Ronald E Skagen and Molly Simpson executed the following actions during the March 13, 2017 Commission meeting held at the District's East Wenatchee office:
• Awarded Wells Chief Engineer Ken Pflueger with his 30 service award. Commissioner Skagen thanked Ken on behalf of the citizens of Douglas County for his years of service. Ken thanked the Commission and said "I consider it a great fortune to have spent 30 years here. I appreciate the opportunity to be involved in professionally rewarding work. The utility is a well-managed and respected organization. "
• Awarded Service Lineman Jeff Carrow with his 25 year service award. Commissioner Skagen thanked Jeff on behalf of the citizens of Douglas County for his years of service. Jeff thanked the Commission and said "I appreciate working at Douglas PUD. It is an honor and a privilege and I love my job. "
• Authorized a professional service agreement with Grette Associates, LLC for the Joint Aquatic Resource Application process for the Northern Mid-Columbia Joint Project. Necessary to provide assistance working through the Joint Aquatic Resource Permit Application process for the Colockum Creek and two Columbia River crossings associated with this project. This agreement is not to exceed $13,000. (17-037)
• Approved amendment No. 2 to professional service agreement with ESSA Technologies LTD. to complete phase 2 of the renewal and modernization of the Fish Water Management Tool. This amendment will extend the term of the agreement to August 31, 2017. (17-038)
• Authorized approval of land use permit 4-05, Alex Group LLC. The permit is for continued use of Project lands previously permitted for commercial orchard, lawn, landscaping and reservoir shoreline access. (17-039)
• Approved land use permit 27C-03, Bonnie and Marc Hallen. The permit is for continued use of Project lands previously permitted for irrigation pump and intake. (17-040)
• Heard a report on the Douglas County Community Network. The network currently has 3,482 end users.
The next meeting of the Commission is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. March 27, 2017 at the District's East Wenatchee office.