Sedro Woolley -A pilot program for backcountry permit reservations began March 15, for popular backcountry areas within North Cascades National Park Service Complex. Backcountry visitation has increased over the past several years and permits have become difficult to obtain in certain areas of the park. A $20 cost recovery fee will be charged for the reservation application. Reservation requests can be submitted from March 15 to May 15 for camping between the dates of May 15 through September 30. Reservations can be made for 60 percent of the available sites with the remainder of the campsites available for no-cost walk up permits on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Reservations can be made for the following areas:
• Ross Lake (including the East Bank Trail)
• Diablo Lake
• Copper Ridge area (including ridge camps and Chilliwack Valley camps)
• Cascade Pass area (including Sahale, Pelton Basin, Basin Creek, Johannesburg, and Cottonwood)
• Stehekin area (Lakeview, Purple Point, and Harlequin)
• Climbing areas – all cross-country zones around Mt. Shuksan, Forbidden and Sharkfin Peaks (including Boston Basin), Eldorado, and Mt. Triumph
Stock camps within these areas can be reserved with priority given to stock parties.
For more information and details on the backcountry reservation system, visit https://www.nps.gov/noca/planyourvisit/backcountry-reservations.htm
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here